Wednesday 2 June 2010

Dragonflies and damselflies


I love my pond. This is our first year and it still has a long way to go to become established and to stop looking 'new' but it seems each day something different arrives.


Today we were visited by a
Broad bodied chaser ( top photo) and several, I think- Common blue damselflies both beautiful, their blue bodies flashing in the sun as they darted over the pond.




With so much to photograph I think I need to invest in a camera a little better than my point and shoot or learn how to take better photos!

At the weekend we also noticed our first frog, not huge possibly last years young and our newt count is now up to 6 seen at one time.

Away from the pond, a not so welcome sight was the lily beetle, it is amazing how quickly one small insect can strip a plant to ground level.


2 comments:

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

I like to spot the dragon/damselflies around our pond too, but like you just have a point and shoot camera so never get a good photo! Yours are quite good!

Sandra said...

:) Thank you. I would love to be able to take really good photos.