Tuesday 10 February 2009

What a difference a day makes !

















The title says it all really, after last night's flooding today has been lovely, just what the hens ordered - blue sky and sunshine and just a little breeze with a slight nip in the air. I now have happy hens.

There have been a few showers this afternoon and the ground is still very soggy but filling the greenhouse with newly sown seeds now seems a possibility and I am eager to get started.
The first and so far only plant to occupy the newly erected greenhouse is a cranberry plant waiting for the ground to dry and the weather to improve.The cranberry plant is part of my husband's rather ambitious plan to provide as much homegrown produce as possible for Christmas.


( One lonely cranberry plant... soon I'll be wishing I had more space.)





No comments: