Wednesday 24 June 2009

25 long hours...


To go from this ..... first pip in shell at 10 am 23 June 09

11 hours later at 9 pm a small hole




At 11.30, we thought it was close to hatching but it hadn't progressed any further at 6 am this morning 24 Jun 09


In the next 5 hours it progressed very slowly...






Until it was finally out at 11.15 am 24 June 09





A double breasted bronze. In the meantime in only 24 hours ! this had hatched. I thought the egg was a bronze but it looks like a commercial white.


One more pipping and one wobbling.

Update: 4.30pm
One more hatched at 2.30pm another at 4.15pm. One more still pipping - the other, on candling was rotten.


Update:9.00pm
Although a little too soon for the last to hatch all four ( 2 yellow 2 brown) are now in the brooder, they are resting under the lamp but have already found the food and water. Fingers crossed for the next few weeks.


4 comments:

A Green and Rosie Life said...

"Congratulations". Were you pacing up and down?!

Rosie x

Sandra said...

I'm terrible. I don't know why I do it. I fret the whole time. Convinced any failure is down to my mistakes, yet still I continue to hatch. Now I'm worried I've removed them too soon and they'll all be dead in the morning.

All this just for Christmas dinner !

How is the muscovy doing?

A Green and Rosie Life said...

Sitting tight just coming out for meals and a quick wash and drink. She hissies madly if I go too near. Harold is being a modern Dad - staying by her at all times and flapping a lot if I go too near as well!!

Rosie x

Sandra said...

Fantastic...Good luck.I WILL have muscovies one day : )