Friday 13 February 2009

Patience



I am itching to get started on sowing seeds, but I think it is still a little too early. The ground won't be ready for quite awhile and the metcheck forecast is for yet another snowy spell the week after next.

I haven't really got anywhere in this house for rows of seed trays. In our previous two houses we had wide windowsills and front porches.We did have a rather dilapidated lean-to sun room type of thing when we first moved here which was ideal for seed trays and tomatoes, but for safety reasons it was demolished and as yet hasn't been replaced.

I have read and re-read the backs of the seed packets, hoping maybe I had misread the sowing time or recommended temperatures, but no. I guess I will just have to be patient....I could try just a few maybe, just to see !!


2 comments:

A Green and Rosie Life said...

I've started lots of seeds in trays in the drier/propagator and when they germinate I am moving them to the cold frame in the polytunnel where I also have a plentiful supply of fleece. No idea if this will protect them from any cold weather but nothing ventured.....

Rosie x

Sandra said...

Oooo good luck..they do sound well protected. I think I will try a few tomorrow,I'm sure I can find somewhere for them. I can always re sow later on if they fail.